Service Technician, General Pest Control
Do you like working by yourself? Do you enjoy working outside? Are you seeking a position with a family owned company with benefits and stability?
Reliable Exterminators is hiring for a Service Technician. As a technician, you will visit our customers’ homes and businesses to solve their pest problems. You’ll drive a company truck, and we will provide you with the training and the supplies necessary to follow the industry’s best practices. Be part of the Reliable Exterminators' legacy: over 80 years and 4 generations of local, honest, reliable general pest and termite control in Tippecanoe County and 13 surrounding counties.
Not just a job! Great opportunity for women, veterans, experienced route professionals, or candidates seeking a new career!
Hours: Typically 40 – 50 hours per week during the warm 7 months of the year (April-Oct.) . Work day starts at 8:00 am and ends around 5:00 pm depending on your schedule. Winter hours vary between 20-40 hours per week.
- Enjoy hands-on work and possess a positive, can-do attitude
- Have experience working alone with indirect supervision (preferred)
- Strong attention to detail (treatment application sites and writing invoices)
- Good verbal, written, grammar skills are necessary
- High school diploma preferred
- Readily able to receive and carry out instructions
- Have a valid driver’s license and produce a motor vehicle record showing three (3) or less chargeable violations over the past three (3) years.
- Available to work at least two (2) Saturdays a month April through October when necessary.
- Be able to pass a drug screen and stay drug free.
- Be able to pass a background check.
- Inspect and diagnose pest problems and render appropriate service, using approved materials and methods.
- Be courteous and customer service-minded at all times.
- Productive use of service time and travel (effectively plan your activities at accounts and plan driving routes so you can get things done in the shortest amount of time).
- Apply pesticides safely and effectively in accordance with the label and state regulations.
- Respond to unscheduled requests for service. Make phone calls to communicate with customers and the company as needed, to assure smooth flow of service.
- Maintain proper care of company vehicle, equipment, materials and records. Must maintain accurate reports on time expended, materials used and customer names where service rendered.
- Attend all scheduled training. Study at home to obtain certification and license.
- Capable of bending, stooping, kneeling, climbing, crawling and lots of walking.
- Able to lift and carry weights up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Good in tight spaces, ability to work on a ladder or at heights as needed
- Paid training
- Study materials to obtain Indiana Pesticide Applicator License and pay for the test
- Above average earnings plus commissions and bonuses.
- SEP Retirement Plan (We contribute every year and you don’t have to!)
- Stable employment
Salary Information: $12 per hour training wage then $9 per hour base pay plus commission and bonus potential. Most techs earn $25,000-$30,000 during their first year. Experienced technicians earn $38,000-$65,000 annually.
Reliable Exterminators, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer for Minorities/Females/Disabilities/Veterans