Use your accounting skills at Lafayette’s #1 pest control company with a flexible part-time schedule! We’re looking for someone to handle all aspects of Accounts Receivable in our small, friendly, family-owned and operated local business.
Part-Time: 25-30 hours per week (set your own schedule between 8am-5 pm) with potential to work from home!
Job Summary: Post accounts receivable in the most efficient and timely manner possible. This is accomplished by excellent time management and fast work. Resolve any billing related customer problems or questions, such as payment discrepancies, collections, and invoice requests.
The key to successful customer service is to treat each customer as the most important person in the world, because they are the ones who make your job possible.
- Prepare cash deposits
- Process daily credit card deposits.
- File check stubs and bank receipts.
- Manage overdue accounts. Be the first to call customers that are behind on payments.
- Manage month end process including preparing and mailing customer statements
- Update customer files and records, answer correspondence, check on billing and other accounting requirements, do all necessary follow-up work and meet any other administrative requirements
- Obtain and mail invoice copies for customers, as requested.
- Research and process charge backs, returns, and bad checks.
- Answer accounts receivable phone inquiries.
- Create and maintain accurate customer service records on the computer and in paper files. Realize that inaccurate billing can ruin an otherwise good customer experience.
- Work and communicate effectively with other office staff and technicians
- Call and/or mail correspondence to customers as necessary in order to update accounts.
- Greet walk-in customers and sell retail products. Learn what to sell for different pest problems.
- Be friendly, courteous and customer service-minded at all times.
Experience and Knowledge Required
- At least 2 years of accounting experience, preferably in a service business
- Excellent phone and communication skills. Excellent grammar and spelling
- 1 year experience performing collection calls or calls on past due accounts
- High level of detail and organization
- Be able to use a browser based accounting software (not Quickbooks)
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $14.00 to $16.00 /hour