JOB TITLE: Accounts Receivable Specialist
REPORTS TO: Vice President
Part-Time: 25-30 hours per week
Wage Range: $14-16 per hour, no benefits apply
Record payments to customers' accounts and maintains accounts receivable records
Post accounts receivable in the most efficient and timely manner possible. This is accomplished by excellent time management and fast work. Resolve any billing related customer problems or questions, such as payment discrepancies, collections, and invoice requests.
- The key to successful customer service is to treat each customer as the most important person in the world, because they are the ones who make your job possible.
- Post accounts receivable in the most efficient manner possible (cash, credit/debit, checks, ACH)
- Prepare cash deposits
- Process daily credit card deposits.
- File check stubs and bank receipts.
- Manage overdue accounts. Be the first to call customers that are behind on payments.
- Manage month end process including preparing and mailing customer statements
- Update customer files and records, answer correspondence, check on billing and other accounting requirements, do all necessary follow-up work and meet any other administrative requirements
- Obtain and mail invoice copies for customers, as requested.
- Research and process charge backs, returns, and bad checks.
- Answer accounts receivable phone inquiries.
- Create and maintain accurate customer service records on the computer and in paper files. Realize that inaccurate billing can ruin an otherwise good customer experience.
- Work and communicate effectively with other office staff and technicians
- Call and/or mail correspondence to customers as necessary in order to update accounts.
- Greet walk-in customers and sell retail products. Learn what to sell for different pest problems.
- Be friendly, courteous and customer service-minded at all times.
- Use time productively. Minimize unnecessary conversation and activities while on company time. Maximize work time efficiency.
- Attend training sessions as required. Study training materials at home as necessary.
- Follow company policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Experience and Knowledge Required
- At least 2 years of accounting experience, preferably in a service business
- Excellent phone and communication skills. Excellent grammar and spelling
- 1 year experience performing collection calls or calls on past due accounts
- High level of detail and organization
- Be able to use a browser based accounting software (not Quickbooks)
- High school diploma or equivalency
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems time efficiently; Gathers and analyzes information; Develops solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason.
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Conserves company resources.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively; Listens and gets clarification when necessary; Responds informatively to questions.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and concisely; Edits work; Varies writing style to meet specific needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Able to work independently with a minimum amount of supervision in a sometimes stressful function.
- Able to deal with customers in a friendly and effective manner, some of whom will be demanding or evasive.
- Able to think logically and to plan work with efficiency and productivity as a priority.
- Detail oriented.
- Willing to learn the pest control business.
- Willing to do some computer training at home on unpaid time to learn our software.
- Willing to sign a non-compete agreement.
- Must be and stay drug free.
- Frequently required to sit.
- Occasionally required to walk.
- Occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to bend, lift or climb
- Occasionally required to lift light weights (less than 25 pounds)
- Occasionally required to lift moderate weights (25-50 pounds)
- Finger dexterity required.
- Hand coordination required.
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include: close vision, distance vision, ability to adjust or focus
For the consideration of your fellow workers, this is a non-smoking, no perfume office.
This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.