JOB TITLE: Route Scheduler/Customer Service Manager
REPORTS TO: Vice President
CLASSIFICATION: First Line Supervisor of Office and Administrative Support Workers
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
SALARY RANGE: $40,000-$45,000 annual base pay plus an annual bonus
The customer service supervisor is responsible for overall customer service and customer satisfaction including efficiently scheduling appointments, providing final approval of the schedule before work orders are printed, reviewing and approving completed work orders, and communicating customer needs to service technicians.
The customer service supervisor must effectively lead and motivate their team of junior customer service representatives. A key aspect of this role is effectively leading the team and ensuring all customer service needs are met in a timely manner. The customer service supervisor must be familiar with the company’s products/services and the customers that are served. Customer communications is a regular part of this position.
The key to successful customer service is to treat each customer as the most important person in the world because they are the ones who make your job possible.
- Manage all technician appointment scheduling. Ensure that repetitive customer accounts have services completed on schedule. Schedule appointments for efficient routing so technicians can minimize their drive time.
- Review scheduled appointments set by Customer Service Representatives and prepare schedule to be organized and printed by CSRs.
- Call customers to schedule appointments.
- Review technicians’ completed work orders and record production value and product sales for technicians
- Recommend solutions for customers’ complaints.
- Supervise the day-to-day activities of customer service department within established policies and procedures
- Create and maintain accurate customer service records on the computer and in paper files.
- Manage 3 CSRs and communicate effectively with other office staff and technicians.
- Answer phone calls. Recognize that most calls are a sales opportunity and not an interruption of your work. Most callers are potential customers with a pest problem.
- Greet walk-in customers and sell retail products. Learn what to sell for different pest problems.
- Identify bug samples and pictures for customers and recommend treatment.
- Be friendly, courteous and customer service-minded at all times.
- Use time productively. Minimize unnecessary conversation and activities while on company time. Maximize work time efficiency.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree or 4 years of experience in business, logistics, sales, or comparable field
- 1 year of office experience in a service business
- 1 year of sales experience
- 2 years of experience managing people
- Equivalent to 3 years using Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Word & Excel (version 2007) or higher in a business or higher level education environment
- Equivalent to 3 years using internet based software programs in a business or higher level education environment.
- Excellent phone and communication skills. Excellent grammar and spelling.
- Good knowledge of Tippecanoe and surrounding counties (streets/maps).
- Able to work independently with a minimum amount of supervision in a sometimes stressful function.
- Able to coach, mentor, and train direct reports (2 CSRs and 1 AR position)
- Able to think logically and to plan work with efficiency and productivity as a priority.
- Able to use critical thinking skills to improve business processes and efficiency
- Able to multitask using at least one of the following at a time: phones, multiple tab websites, 2-way radio system, and in person requests
- Able to respond to customers in a friendly and effective manner, some of whom will be demanding or evasive.
- Detail oriented in regards to setting appointments, reviewing technician’s daily work, completing work orders in computer system.
- Consistent in following established procedures and in training staff to do the same.
- Willing to learn the pest control business.
- Willing to do some computer training at home on unpaid time to learn our software.
- Willing to work an occasional Saturday morning.
- Willing to sign a non-compete agreement.
Reliable Exterminators provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Reliable Exterminators complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Frequently required to sit.
- Occasionally required to move about from different work stations.
- Occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to bend, lift or climb
- Occasionally required to lift light weights (less than 25 pounds)
- Occasionally required to lift moderate weights (25-50 pounds)
- Finger dexterity required.
- Hand coordination required.
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include: close vision, distance vision, ability to adjust or focus
DISCLAIMER: The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.