If you’re thinking about having your home serviced for pest control, we offer these four recommendations:
Recommendation #1: Make a commitment to yourself to get your home treated for pests by a professionally certified technician.
The longer it remains untreated, the more those pests will multiply. Delaying pest control can continue to pose a threat to your family and loved ones and increase the risk of contagious diseases being spread by rodents.
Recommendation #2: List your objectives.
Do you want environmentally up-to-date materials used to get rid of pests? Do you want your home to have a continuous pest management system that’s regularly treated by a stable company? Do you want the nesting areas eliminated and the possibility of more colonies to be prevented? Do you want to work with an honest, reputable company — or are you willing to risk working with the company that offers you the lowest price — knowing that company might not thoroughly treat your home?
Recommendation #3: Ask questions.
The way you learn about a company is to ask specific questions and listen carefully to the answers. Here are the questions we suggest you ask:
1. What type of equipment will you use to treat my home?
2. What types of pests can you eliminate from my home’?
3. How often should I get my home treated’?
4. What training have you had in pest control?
5. Are you a member of any trade associations and, if so, which ones?
6. Are you certified by the Indiana State Chemist and will you show me your certificate?
7. Have you updated your credit hours for continuing education in pest control
8. Do you use environmentally up-to-date materials?
9. Do you guarantee your work?