Do you like working by yourself? Do you enjoy working outside?
As a technician, you will visit our customers’ homes and businesses to solve their pest problems. You’ll report to our office daily, and we will provide you with a company truck, a full day’s work, training and the supplies necessary to follow the industry’s best practices.
Be part of the Reliable Exterminators legacy: over 80 years and 4 generations of local, honest, reliable general pest and termite control in Tippecanoe County and the 14 surrounding counties.
Not just a job! Great Opportunity for candidates seeking a new career! Most people don’t realize that pest control provides a stable, long term career. Over the years we’ve had many technicians retire after a long career with us. Apply your experience from construction, re-modeling, outside work, landscaping, or any other independent work positions.
Hours: Typically 40 – 50 hours per week during the warm months of the year. Work day starts at 8:00 am and ends around 5:00 pm depending on your schedule. Winter hours vary between 0-25 hours per week for entry level technicians.
- Inspect and diagnose pest problems and render appropriate service, using approved materials and methods.
- Be courteous and customer service-minded at all times.
- Productive use of service time and travel (effectively plan your activities at accounts and plan driving routes so you can get things done in the shortest amount of time).
- Apply pesticides safely and effectively in accordance with the label and state regulations.
- Attend all scheduled training. Study at home to obtain certification and license.
- Enjoy hands-on work and possess a positive, can-do attitude
- Have experience working alone with indirect supervision (preferred)
- Strong attention to detail
- Good verbal, written, grammar skills are necessary
- High school diploma preferred
- Readily able to receive and carry out instructions
- Have a valid driver’s license and produce a motor vehicle record showing three (3) or less chargeable violations over the past three (3) years.
- Available to work at least two (2) Saturdays a month April through October when necessary.
- Be able to pass a drug screen and stay drug free.
- Be able to pass a background check.
- Capable of bending, stooping, kneeling, climbing, crawling and lots of walking
- Able to lift and carry weights up to fifty (50) pounds
- Good in tight spaces, ability to work on a ladder or at heights as needed
- Paid training
- Study materials to obtain Indiana Pesticide Applicator License and pay for the test
- Above average earnings plus commissions and bonuses
- Health Insurance cost sharing
- SEP Retirement Plan (We contribute every year and you don’t have to!)
- Stable employment – in business for over 80 years!
- Paid holidays and vacation
Salary Information: Entry level technicians usually make about $18-20 per hour their first year.
Candidates that include a resume and cover letter will be more thoroughly considered.
This is a drug-free work place offering equal employment opportunities.