Do you like working by yourself? Do you enjoy working outside?
Reliable Exterminators is hiring for a Termite Technician. As a Termite Technician, you will spend the day day at one or two houses doing a liquid termite treatment. You’ll drive a company truck, and we will provide you with the training and the supplies necessary to follow the industry’s best practices. It’s physical work and it can be a rewarding, lifelong career!
If you are dependable, hardworking, and self-motivated, we want you!
Great opportunity for experienced route drivers and professionals or candidates seeking a new career!
Be part of the Reliable Exterminators’ legacy: over 85 years and 4 generations of local, honest pest and termite control in Tippecanoe County and 14 surrounding counties.
Hours: Typically 40 hours per week during the warm months of the year. Work day starts at 8:00 am and ends around 5:00 pm depending on your schedule. Winter hours vary depending on the weather.
- Strong attention to detail (treatment application sites and writing invoices)
- Experience working alone with indirect supervision (preferred)
- Excellent time management
- Good verbal, written, grammar skills are necessary
- Have a valid driver’s license and produce a motor vehicle record showing three (3) or less chargeable violations over the past three (3) years.
- High school diploma preferred
- Readily able to receive and carry out instructions
- Prior termite or pest control experience is greatly preferred but not required
- Enjoy hands-on work and possess a positive, can-do attitude
- Be able to pass a drug screen and stay drug free.
- Be able to pass a background check.
- Capable of bending, stooping, kneeling, climbing, crawling and lots of walking.
- Able to lift and carry weights up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Good in tight spaces, ability to work on a ladder or at heights as needed
- Displays passion for and responsibility to the customer.
- Displays leadership through innovation in everything you do.
- Displays a passion for what you do and a drive to improve.
- A strong drive to complete tasks.
- Displays personal and corporate integrity.
- Paid training
- Study materials to obtain Indiana Pesticide Applicator License and we pay for the exam
- Above average earnings plus commissions and bonuses.
- SEP Retirement Plan (Similar to 401(k) except we contribute every year and you don’t have to!)
- Stable employment
- Health insurance subsidy
Salary Information: $18-$20 per hour *Must already be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer. **This job is based in Lafayette, Indiana.
This is a drug-free work place offering equal employment opportunities.