Reliable Exterminators is hiring for a Termite Technician. As a Termite Technician, you will usually spend most of the work day at one house doing a liquid termite treatment. You’ll drive a company truck, and we will provide you with the training and the supplies necessary to follow the industry’s best practices. We use Termidor HE, a high quality product that results in less call backs!
Be part of the Reliable Exterminators’ legacy: over 80 years and 4 generations of local, honest, reliable general pest and termite control in Tippecanoe County and 13 surrounding counties.
Service technician work can be very rewarding! You are the hero that solves our customers’ pest problems! You create relationships with our customers each time you do their preventative maintenance work. You get to work by yourself and drive a company truck; but you don’t have to find your own customers! We provide each day’s schedule full of customers ready to greet their Reliable Exterminators’ technician.
If you are dependable, hardworking, and full of integrity, we want you!
Not just a job! Great opportunity for experienced route professionals or candidates seeking a new career!
Hours: Typically 40 – 50 hours per week during the warm months of the year. Work day starts at 8:00 am and ends around 5:00 pm depending on your schedule. Most jobs are not scheduled after 5:00 pm. During the busy season, it’s normal to work up to two Saturdays a month if needed. Winter hours vary depending on the weather.
- Prior termite, pest control, or construction experience is greatly preferred!
- Enjoy hands-on work and possess a positive, can-do attitude
- Experience working alone with indirect supervision (preferred)
- Strong attention to detail (treatment application sites and writing invoices)
- Good verbal, written, grammar skills are necessary
- High school diploma preferred
- Readily able to receive and carry out instructions
- Have a valid driver’s license and produce a motor vehicle record showing three (3) or less chargeable violations over the past three (3) years.
- Available to work at least two (2) Saturdays a month April through October when necessary.
- Be able to pass a drug screen and stay drug free.
- Be able to pass a background check.
- Provide treatment for termites at assigned customer locations
- Inspect and diagnose pest problems and render appropriate service, using approved materials and methods.
- Be courteous and customer service-minded at all times.
- Productive use of service time and travel (effectively plan your activities at accounts and plan driving routes so you can get things done in the shortest amount of time).
- Apply pesticides safely and effectively in accordance with the label and state regulations.
- Capable of bending, stooping, kneeling, climbing, crawling and lots of walking.
- Able to lift and carry weights up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Good in tight spaces, ability to work on a ladder or at heights as needed
- Paid training
- Study materials to obtain Indiana Pesticide Applicator License and pay for the test
- Above average earnings plus commissions and bonuses.
- SEP Retirement Plan (We contribute every year and you don’t have to!)
- Stable employment
- Paid vacation and sick time plus all major holidays!
Salary Information: $30,000-$35,000 per year for Termite Technicians.
Candidates that include a resume and cover letter will be more thoroughly considered.
Reliable Exterminators, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer for Minorities/Females/Disabilities/Veterans