Do you like working by yourself? Do you enjoy working outside? Do you like to work with your hands? Do you enjoy working with limited supervision? Do others say you are great at problem solving? Are you seeking a position with a family owned company with benefits and stability?
Reliable Exterminators is hiring for a Service Technician. As a technician, you will visit our customers’ houses and businesses to solve their pest problems. You’ll drive a company truck, and we will provide you with the training and the supplies necessary to follow the industry’s best practices. Be part of the Reliable Exterminators legacy: almost 80 years and 4 generations of local, honest, reliable general pest and termite control in Tippecanoe County and the 13 surrounding counties.
Not just a job! Great Opportunity for women, veterans, experienced route professionals, or candidates seeking a new career!
Hours: Typically 40 – 50 hours per week during the warm months of the year. Work day starts at 8:00 am and ends around 5:00 pm depending on your schedule. Most jobs are not scheduled after 5:00 pm. During the busy season, it’s normal to work up to two Saturdays a month if needed. Winter hours vary between 20-40 hours per week.
- Enjoy hands-on work and possess a positive, can-do attitude
- Have experience working alone with indirect supervision (preferred)
- Strong attention to detail
- Good verbal, written, grammar skills are necessary. A high school diploma is preferred.
- Readily able to receive and carry out instructions.
- Capable of bending, stooping, kneeling, climbing, crawling and lots of walking.
- Able to lift and carry weights up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Good in tight spaces, ability to work on a ladder or at heights as needed
- Have a valid driver’s license and produce a motor vehicle record showing three (3) or less chargeable violations over the past three (3) years.
- Available to work at least two (2) Saturdays a month April through October when necessary.
- Be able to pass a drug screen and stay drug free.
- Be able to pass a background check.
- Inspect and diagnose pest problems and render appropriate service, using approved materials and methods.
- Be courteous and customer service-minded at all times.
- Productive use of service time and travel (effectively plan your activities at accounts and plan driving routes so you can get things done in the shortest amount of time).
- Apply pesticides safely and effectively in accordance with the label and state regulations.
- Respond to unscheduled requests for service. Make phone calls to communicate with customers and the company as needed, to assure smooth flow of service.
- Be available for work during hours other than the normal 8-5 day. (Some accounts may need early morning, evening or Saturday service.)
- Maintain proper care of company vehicle, equipment, materials and records. Must maintain accurate reports on time expended, materials used and customer names where service rendered.
- Attend all scheduled training. Study at home to obtain certification and license.
Reliable Exterminators, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer for Minorities/Females/Disabilities/Veterans
Additional Salary Information: base pay plus commission and bonus potential