Take Steps to Prevent Pests During National Pest Management Month
Reliable Exterminators is recognizing the role of pest control professionals in protecting public health this April
Lafayette, IN (4/4/2022) – Throughout April, Reliable Exterminators is joining others in the professional pest control industry to celebrate National Pest Management
Month (NPMM), an annual observance recognized by the National Pest Management Association (NPMA) and Chase’s Calendar of Events. Every year, NPMM highlight s the vital role pest control professionals have in protecting public health, food and property from threats posed by pests.
“Pests such as rodents, mosquitoes and cockroaches can transmit serious diseases to humans while termites can cause costly damage to homes and other property,” said Andrea Patrie, Owner/Vice President at Reliable Exterminators. “These are just a few examples of the pests that are known to infest homes. Every day, pest control professionals are using their knowledge and expertise to help keep the public protected from the threats posed by infestations. It’s important for Reliable Exterminators to recognize them for what they do.”
Now that spring has sprung, homeowners can expect an influx in pest pressure. The experts at NPMA and Reliable Exterminators recommend the following to prevent pests this year:
- Eliminate sources of standing water around the structure and clean clogged gutters to help reduce moisture.
- Seal any cracks on the exterior of the structure with a silicone-based caulk, paying close attention to where utilities and pipes enter.
- Keep mulch at least 15 inches from the foundation and keep tree branches and shrubbery trimmed back and away from the structure.
- Replace weather-stripping and repair loose mortar around the foundation and windows.
- Keep basements, attics and crawl spaces well ventilated and dry to avoid moisture buildup.
- Store garbage in sealed containers and dispose of it regularly.
- Store food in airtight containers and keep surfaces clean of any crumbs or spills.
- Contact a licensed pest control professional to schedule property inspections or to assist with an infestation.
To get in contact with a licensed pest professional, please visit www.callreliable.com or call us at 765-423-1225.