The newest buzz word in the industry (actually three words) is Integrated Pest Management or I. P. M. The rationale behind I. P. M. is that an ounce of common sense is often better than a gallon of toxic chemicals. Rendering the surroundings less hospitable to pests is often the first step in I. P. M. Clearing out piles of old leaves can sometimes work wonders, as can drying damp areas. Caulking cracks and crevices can cut off paths of entry. A simple grating or screen wire can often put an end to problems with larger pests. Baits, traps, attractants, and insect growth regulators (IGR’s) are in many cases the preferred method. When insecticides or other toxins are required, Reliable will always place it precisely and use the lowest possible dosage.
Free Pest Control Audit…
What is it and what will it do for you?
We invite you to call us for your free pest control audit! It’s a fifteen minute thorough prescription of your home’s needs. Here’s what we will do:
- We’ll determine whether or not your home is vulnerable to certain types of pests.
- We’ll make recommendations on how to prevent those pests from coming back.
- We’ll point out hazardous areas which will attract pests.
- We’ll write up a prescription for you to keep.
- We’ll educate you about other types of pests and how to avoid future infestations.